Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Poop Boogers and Vomit

 This winter we have been sick almost every other week thanks to others who take their sick kids to the store, church or even to our house! My little ones are sick again! Now don't get me wrong, I love taking care of my kids, but the absolute worst thing when they are sick is all the bodily fluids. I didn't know a baby could produce that much sticky poop. Or that my daughter could slime that much snot. When they are sick, I just cringe sometimes when my daughter wipes her boogery hands all over me or when my son explodes and it gets all over my lap. Lovely images, right? Well then add in the coughing and the sprays of slobber every time they sneeze and you may begin to cringe a bit too! Then five minutes after you have gagged over some obscene amount of boogers, you get the most precious smile that fills your heart to bursting with an overwhelming sense of love and happiness. Kids come with ups and downs. Some days more downs, but one thing I can always count on is the happiness I feel when I look into their eyes and see joyful innocence brimming from within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment