Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Innocence In the Eyes Of a Child

I do believe that one of the best times in a parents life, besides the birth of a child, is when you can see the innocence shining through your child's eyes. When I hear the phrase "eyes are a window to the soul" it reminds me of children. When they see a baby animal for the first time or when they go outside to the first snow of winter. Their eyes light up and you can see pure innocence behind their excited gaze. I got to see this the other day when my daughter saw baby bunnies for the first time and got so excited. Her eyes lit up and got so big. She stared at those little bunnies and you could see bliss in her eyes. Maybe when Heavenly Father tells us we need to become as little children, he is talking about that moment when their spirit lights up and shines through. If we could see the world in their eyes, we would never hurt another creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment