Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Kisses

What is the cutest sight you have ever seen? Most mothers will probably think of their children doing something they deem spectacular. Well, I too think of my children. My beautiful daughter has such a big heart, my son is so patient. The cutest sight I have ever seen would be something insignificant to most, but awe inspiring to me. Picture this, the sun angling through the window, just bright enough to light up the room. My two children playing on the floor together. I see this every day. This is heaven. Well, my daughter who is almost two is very motherly towards her brother. She kisses him and tries her best to hold him. But he is 19 pounds and she is only 23. So it is quite comical to see her grab his arms and try to lift him up off the floor, or to see her roll him over and over trying to play with him! The other day she decided that she wanted to "share" with him, so she gives him a cracker. Now mind you, he does not eat food yet, only mama's milk. I hear him coughing and choking, then smacking his lips. I check in and she is feeding him crackers. Luckily they were small cracker pieces and he actually sucked on them till they were dissolved. But I had to calmly explain to her that her brother does not eat crackers. That these crackers are hers only.

Really though, the most precious moments I have every day are when my children are kind to each other. I can see the love of Christ in my children's eyes when they care for each other. I don't know what my husband and I did to deserve such wonderful children. I don't think we could be more blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment