Monday, December 12, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

So I'm gonna try and post a new recipe every week and get this blog off to a great start. I may post more often depending on how much love I get! So my first recipe will be a DELICIOUS pizza adapted from a french baguette bread recipe from my friend and a BBQ pizza recipe from another friend! Wanna see a picture of the finished product.... WELL your gonna have to look anyway, its too good to pass up!
Now doesn't that look tasty? So to start this off, we're gonna make the dough. Preheat your oven to 425 F and get rollin... Well, get rollin later! Here's the dough ingredients:
2 cups very warm water
1 packet yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3-4 cups flour
Now mix the warm water, yeast and sugar together and whisk it. Place on top of warming oven (not in the oven mind you!) and let it set for 10 minutes. Then add the salt. Add the flour one cup at a time. If you need to add extra, go ahead (I needed 1 c. extra!) till the dough is soft, but not sticky. Now the fun part: Toss the dough into a pizza shape... Or for the less adventurous, roll it out on a floured surface and place on a greased pizza pan. If you want crust, leave a BUMP at the edges, or you can fold over the edges to form a crust. Now for the toppings.
BBQ sauce (about 1/2 a bottle)
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
2-3 cooked and cubed chicken breasts (I seasoned them with garlic salt)
1 small diced and peeled purple onion
Spread your sauce as thick as you like around the pizza. I tend to use a bit less, because I like the topping flavor the best. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the top. Top it with the chicken and diced onion. Then add the remainder of the cheese. Place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden too. (It should look somewhat like the picture when you pull it out!) 

Let me know what you thought of this recipe... Send me some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment